I quit smoking on March 22, 2011 with Electronic Cigarettes

Monday, May 23, 2011

whats up with the stupid questions

My question of the day:

Posed by Brett- "why dont we get an allowence?"

My answer "Because this is a household, not a welfare state- here you have to contribute to exist and we exist to contribute, if you would LIKE to earn money, then I will be happy to give you a job that is above and beyond your chores- the things we all do to sustain life in our home- something that will take responsibility off of me. THAT is how you get money- by EARNING it. "

Now, I am not trying to start a debate or discussion on if a kid should be handed an allowence or earn it, if they should do chores above and beyond their current chores to get money or if they shouldnt have chores at all- I am just stating what happens in MY house. and more than likely why my children hate me compared to the 'cool parents' of their friends.


Just like this skeet shoot my boys are going on- Its a 20.00 entry fee. I know their chances of getting in trouble and not getting to go is pretty high- And I know they wont work as hard to do well if I pay for it.

SO, I made THEM give the their entry fee- I will in turn give them each their entry fee BACK when they leave here, AND 10.00 in spending money, IF they do get to go, AND they practice every day before they leave. IF they wish to take MORE than 10.00- they will need to earn it.

Now, my boys, being the kids they are really think I will not remember this deal,
But, they are sorely mistaken. I will NOT give them back their 20.00 if they dont practice, and will not reimburse them if they get grounded and are not able to go.


So far, this method just makes me the bad guy and mean and hateful and makes them want to move out and never see me again- BUT- maybe it will teach them life lessons, so when they DO move out, they will pay their own way and not come to me constantly or worse, the goverment.
And if it doesnt, at least I was able to get a little work out of them while they lived here.



Today has been an excersize is extending my patience- Brett is doing pursuasive writing. The child who refused to eat pizza for years because he thought it would make it too easy on me has decided he cant write in favor or opposition of something.

This child would argue with a fencepost and knock if over when he found out it was right- but cant come up with a single opinion as to why someone would want to live in the country instead of the city. PUULLLEEASSEEE

He argues with everyone, about everything, and never shuts up- yet he cant come up with a cohensive paragraph about why he wouldnt want to live in Colonial America.
This child is a TRUE Byerly. He isnt truely happy unless he is pissed about something.
At times his happyness seems to stem from the misery that he can inflict on others.

And Rayley just actually asked me "what do they mean by 'circle the correct answer'? "


SERIOUSLY?

Today, I said "lets get started on school-" and while I was cleaning the living room, kitchen, and doing laundry Matt is walking around picking up- folding blankets, picking up trash- THings they will not do if I hold a hot iron to their feet. THEN, I was sitting helping Brett and heard dishes being washed- Matt was in there washing them. I hadnt given them a single chore- he just didnt want to do schoolwork THAT badly!




And Brett decided to argue with me that I was wrong to cross out his answer and tell him to redo it.
The problem:
there are 4 people in line behind you, 7 people in front of you- how many people are in line? (the answer is NOT 11)

well he wrote 11 anyway- THIS is what I deal with on a daily basis- look at the rules, and then break them. because obviously they DONT apply to YOU. Right?

well this was 30 minutes of me telling him "think about it" "use crayons and draw a picture" "use common sense Brett" "no the book is NOT wrong, YOU are" "draw lines on a peice of paper and COUNT them" He still just said "well I will write 12 because you OBVIOUSLY think its the correct answer adn thats the ONLY way you will let me move on to the next page"

Like its my fault he doesnt read directions- or comprehend them. OR accept when he is WRONG- OMG- BUT he wont write an argument for or against planes and cars.

Matt has been slightly quiet today- THANK GOD- He has been doing geometry. which he loves, But he gets sooooo distracted- ≅ had him lost as a goose for quite a while. when I excplained what cungruent was he said "so they could just use an = sign and be done with it?"

"YEP" "but its math- they try to make it AS complicated as they can." LOL

Wait till I start trying to teach him Algebra- I cant imagine how fun that will be-

So far today they have induced a miagraine AND a feverblister- I cant wait for tomorrow!!

No comments: