I quit smoking on March 22, 2011 with Electronic Cigarettes

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fiquring out what it takes to make them shut up.

Bow has gotten his first tooth!! Its just starting to come in. You can still see his stomache tooth on that side trying to break through but his bottom tooth on the left side came in first.

And the kids swear he is starting to talk. They manage to decifer words out of his babbles. I just nod my head and smile. But I am also pretending that he isnt growing up so quickly, where as they are trying to get him ready to play ball with them next week!

I got offered a job yesterday. The other little store/cafe here close to the house needs someone. But as much as I need a job, I just cant leave Bow right now. For one I cant afford formula, and for two, heck, he is already crawling, pulling up and getting teeth. THis is the last time I will get to expierience this, so I am trying hard to enjoy it. I tried with the other kids, but honestly, I dont remember a single thing. I remember Brett used to play in the floor and then just fall asleep. he would sleep for about 10 minutes and then be going again! He never actually napped!
And matt never crawled like a baby. He crawled like Mowgli did on the jungle book. hands and feet!
And I remember that Rayley was no bigger than our remote. She was 4 pounds 13 oz and just the tinyist thing you have ever seen. with a beautiful complexion. She wore cabbage patch kid clothes for the longest time!

Yesterday was pretty boring. I woke up feeling bad. I had slept in our room and BR insists on a fan. When he is not home I dont sleep in there. Its hard to sleep in a bed by yourself when you are used to sleeping with someone for 16 years. So Bow and I just sleep on the couch. But I tend to forget how much I hate the box fan that he has to have to survive. When I am away from it for a while I end up getting a sore throat and my sinus' act up. Thats what happened.

I managed to get all of the Mothers Day Cards that I was entrusted with cut out. I cant wait for us to put the mom pin on them and the kids to bring them home. I did read some of them. It was hard not to. Lots of kids thanked their mom for doing the laundry and cleaning, runnin them to ball practice and rodeo's. Then there were some sad ones. But most of them were pure child thoughts. I swear it makes you wonder what they say about you at school that you never hear. I am sure mine have let loose some great tales. LOL

I got on to Matt yesterday. I was here in the living room and looked up. He was sitting on the floor eating a cookie. I just looked at him. He shrugged and took a bite. I asked him just what had happened that made him think it was okay to eat in the living room? "we cant?"
"you've NEVER been able to!"
"do you know that coons eat with their hands too?"
"Coons, they have hands and they wash thier food before they eat it"
"YES, I know that, what the hell does that have to do with you eating in here?"
"then go in the kitchen!"
"to EAT!"
"oh, I'm done now."


Rayley ended up with a bad headache last night. She was just a ballin, telling me she hurt real bad. I know she did. And I understand. I guess its a change in the weather that has gotten them all. Matt will be next. It happened to him 3 times last year during baseball season.

I was trying to get her laid down, and give her some medicane and told her that I was going to get her a cool rag.
"I dont want a rag, I want a brain thingy"
A brain thingy is those cool pads you can buy for kids and they stick to the forehead. they are great, but not on the list of must haves.
"I dont have any brain thingy's, I used the last one a few weeks ago"
"well you need to bry some more!"
"I know, I will, but tonight you can use a cool wet cloth"
"I dont think I will like that"
"its what I had to use as a kid, they didnt have brain thingy's when I was a kid"
"be sure to wet it"
I just ignored her and went in the bathroom to wet it.
"did you wet it?"
"well yes Rayley, its hard to make it cool with out wetting it"
"okay, well make sure you made it good and cool"
this is all between sniffs and moaning and crying.

Then 3 minutes later
"MOM! this rag is getting me wet!"
"I know Rayley, its wet. It might get you wet."
"well dry it!"
"if I dry it, it wont be a cool wet rag anymore"
"then just make it cool,not wet!"
"it doesnt work like that!"
"well it would if you knew how! Them people that make them at walmart know how! and it sticks too. yours wont stick."
"you want me to tape it to you?"
I ended up getting her a dry washcloth to put UNDER the wet one. it soaked it pretty quick so it still worked.
And once she stopped bitching at me and Brett started petting her she went to sleep quickly. Thank God.

I got a call from Bretts teacher today at 2. She said that she was sending home work that he hadnt done so far this six weeks. She had found it in his desk, and some was what he had missed yesterday. I said that was fine and he would get it done tonight. She said that he had not finished half of it, and it was all due tomorrow for her to get grades in for the progress reports. I assured her it would be turned in.
THen I got to thinking. what does he do in class? Does she see him not working? does she notice he hasnt turned in papers? How exactly does a 3rd grader get away with doing nothing, turning in nothing and not getting any grades for 3 weeks and this is the first I have heard about it?
He brought it home. there was one math page that was blank. it was from today. There were about 8 pages that had one answer missing. and there were two word searches that needed doing. Plus some kind of poem crap. I made him sit down and get it all done.
Then he starts telling Matt something that happened at recess. I am pretty sure that a little over a week ago I told him and her that he was NOT to participate in recess. He was to sit and read his book, a library book, a text book, something. But here he is playing. And he is a kid. you give him the option he is going to go and play.

I guess I will have to go back and find out what is going on again tomorrow. Maybe I should try to go to work at the school next year. Then I can be assigned to their classes and make sure they do their work. I know back when I was in school there was NO way we would have gotten away with acting like that. And they didnt call mom or dad from the classroom for them to talk to us. If they called Mom or Dad we had better find a good place to hide for a while. ANd GOD FORBID if mom or dad came to the school house. Cause you wernt staying. Yet I have seen the parents called to tell their kid to sit down in their desk. And I am not talking about the kids you would love to knock in the head. I mean good kids being silly. No matter though. we have 3 weeks left, If we can make it through this year and start next year on the right foot maybe we will be back to the kid that we were last year. One that our teacher loved.

I got a phone call today. They wanted to come and take a soil sample for the cell phone tower. They asked me to meet them at the bottom of my hill,I needed to show them the gap they were to go through. said they were in an 18 wheeler and I couldnt miss them. Heck if anyone is parked on the side of my road I wont miss them.
I told them to give me 5 minutes to get ready and get down there. I was in my pajama's. Rayley was too and Bow was in a diaper. SO I put on some sweat pants, tried to brush my hair and wipe the makeup out from under my eyes. Rayley I had to find shorts and shoes and a shirt for and Bow had to be changed and dressed. We got ready and started out. Its not a long way down my driveway. But much further than most people would want to walk. And I had to double the distance to get to the gap. we got down there and there was no truck. no people, no nothing. I went all the way to the gap, deciding they were lost and had NOT been sitting in front of my house, but I was going to undo the fence anyway and then go back and call them. I got down there and realized I couldnt open the gap with Bow in my arms.

About the time I was trying to fiqure out what to do with Bow, Rayley decided she had to pee. we were on the side of the highway. I told her to head back to the house and I would meet her there. So she took off. and then would run back to me and tell me to hurry, she had to pee!

I trudged all the way back up to the house, sweating my fool butt off and started trying to call. COme to find out the guys had called from the COrp of Engeneers building about 8 miles away. So I decided they might not have made it just yet. I let Rayley go pee and this time decided to drive. I drove down there and they were sitting there. At the opposite end of the property. The gap was half between me and them. I drove down to them and then had to walk back up to show the guy where to go. On the way he said "well it took you a little longer then 5 minutes I guess"
Yes I let him live.
we got the gap opened they started up there in their huge contraption. The guy driving the F150 asked me if he could drive his truck up there. I told him that if the BIG machine would fit, since it was smaller than my doulley width wise ( we had already been over this. when I saw it I asked how big it was to make sure it would fit. they said that it was actually more narrow than my truck, it was just taller-- and since it was sitting up on that big lowboy I agree'd that it did look bigger) that yes he could drive his truck down the fenceline. But since I live on a hill about 20 feet up from the road and there is about a foot deep ditch thats a foot wide on the way UP the hill he might want to go to my driveway and use the road to get to the gap.

oh he was sure he could make it. If not, since I was driving a 4 wheel drive I could get him out right?. I told him that I really didnt think he could, that I wouldnt even try it in my truck and since his was a two wheel drive, and had very slick street tires on it he was takin a good chance on gettin stuck. Again I told him he could follow me and I would show him the road to the gap. he just smiled. and I got in my truck and drove off.

When I lost site of him he was stuck in the ditch. I aint sure how long he sat out there, but I know it was hot as hell. this AC felt good though.

I am not sure why they needed a soil sample, but anything to rush this process along I am willing to submit to. I reckon now they are going to have to send it off and make sure there aint nothing gona keep them from drilling for the legs of the tower. maybe by this time next year I will be using wireless internet and not be scooting along at 24.6 anymore. I sure wont miss it any!

I reckon since I have to be at Bretts school in the morning at 8am for him to get an award for accelerated reading and to do my PTA crap I better hit the hay.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's so sweet that Matt crawled like Mowgli. Zoe crawled like Tarzan in the Disney version. One leg straight out. And she didn't wear cabbage patch clothes, but she could wear teddy bear dresses. Her first halloween she wore a princess dress that was made for a teddy bear. Thanks for reminding me.