I quit smoking on March 22, 2011 with Electronic Cigarettes

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Why do I even try?

I did something last night I havent done in a LONG time. I fell asleep at 10:30. of course wouldnt you know it. BR says he came home at 11:30. I never know'd it.

I did have to get the kids up early, Martha (my mother in law) wanted to take them to daycare for some sort of outing. The park or something.

THey are sure enjoying the summer. They stay outside all the time. unless Bow is asleep. Then they come in here with me and bounce on the couch.

They were at my mother in laws the other day and she called to tell me some gossip. WHile we were on the phone I asked her what the kids were doing. She said "they are chasing and armidillo."
"I reckon they aint caught it yet"
"No, but Brett did touch the shell"
"what made them start chasing it?"
"boredom I reckon"
"well, if they ever catch it, they will let it go in a hurry"
"thats what I told them. But I just decided to do what you said and let them learn since they wont listen when you tell them they'll get hurt."
"yep, you cant fix stupid"
"I swear my boys never did that sort of thing"
Then I about died laughin.. If they EVER did anything, they didnt tell momma, cause momma aint what you'd call a calm person. She tends to freak out. easily.
I actually have in my cell phone to NOT call Martha in an emergancy. if they did she wouldnt be able to tell you a damn thing when she called you. You'd just hope that when you ended up takin her to the hospital for a heartattack, or hypervenalatin that they would recogonize the last name and say someone was there with that same last name.
I told her to call me if they caught it, so I could come over and bandage them up.

I asked them a few days later why they was tryin to catch a diller. Brett says:
"just cause"
"what was the purpose?"
"to see if I could"
"what was you gona do if you caught it?"
Matt pipes in "guess you want me to cook the SOB too." well at least he cleaned it up for general audiences... If you dont know the movie that came from, you should.

Then BR tells them "you know how to catch one dont ya?"
"chase it?"
"no, take some rocks, toss them in front of it and when it is inpecting them thinking its bugs, you grab him up by the tail"

"and then you THROW him and run like hell in the oppsite direction, cause he is gona tear your ass up!" I tell them.
They just laughed. Oh well... one day they will learn.



Tonight we are going to a mud bog. And the kids know we have some sort of suprise. They know we are leaving at 5. And Rayley has been tryin to put on her clothes ALL day. wanting to know when we are gona leave. Driving me nuts. Right now she is running around in a tutu and her pink fat babies.

Brett and Matt are just hanging around driving me NUTS. They could worry the arms off a rag doll. They have managed to go outside about 12 times. letting the dogs in 4 times, slamming the door 3, and leaving it OPEN 6 times. BUT only on their way OUT. Which means I have to get up to close it. SO, I wait till they get plumb out of earshot, then I holler them up or set off the truck alarm, make them come ALL the way back and all the way in, ask me what I needed, and tell them to shut the door.

Boy it pisses them off. I cant use the old "were you raised in a barn?" cause they will tell you flat out. "YEP". and they were.
They have even slept in the barn. When you have a horse that colics, they dnt stop cause the sun goes down. And to be honest, they were very helpful. at 4 an 5 years old they would walk them old horses till they couldnt walk no more.

BR is home today. and I love him dearly, but honestly, he can drive me crazy.
I have been tellin the kids since they woke up that I was going to cook a late lunch, early dinner. we would eat at 4. then go meet the rest of the family at 5.
I have bagged up snacks and bought drinks for tonight. there will be NO concession stand.
I had decided to cook spagetti cause at last count everyone liked it, And they will eat their fill.

I have been trying to play on the computer for a few hours. First BR was reading a cigar catalog, on each page he would show me something. and he was watching TV inbetween. and would ask if I had seen that.
Nope. then he gets agervated cause I wasnt watching and rewinds it to show me.
Then at noon he asked if I was gona cook. I told him that I would go ahead and do it at 2:30. Which means that since my kids eat 3 meals a day and 18 snacks, they will be HUNGRY by 5. We wont even make it half way to the mud bog before they are crying and screaming wanting food. I am NOT stopping and buying food. I will make them each a sandwhich to take along.

At 1:30 he said he hadnt ate all day, and thought it was close enough to 2:30 to go ahead and start lunch.

This completly defeats the purpose of me cooking supper early. But I guess a sandwhich is out of the question.

So I got up and started to RECLEAN the kitchen. While I was sweeping I found where Matt had put the pile I had told him to pick up 2 nights ago. under the rug.

I also went to throw some clothes into the laundry room that hadnt made it the extra 3 feet into there. There sat the comferters that I had told the boys to wash this morning. So I had to call them in to do that.
The entire time I am cleaning and cooking BR keeps asking me if I 'saw that'. NOPE. I am in the kitchen, cleaning. and cooking. so he will rewind it and tell me to watch. I had meat cooking.

This happened no less than 23 times. I swear.

I cant see the TV from the kitchen, so I would walk into the living room. Then Bow would see me and follow me back. 4 people sitting in the lving room watching TV and they cant keep a baby out from under my feet.
He's too fast, is what BRett says.

He had a toy in the kitchen that he was playing with. That 2 pound hammer that couldnt be found a few weeks ago? Its still sitting in the kitchen floor. even after he needed it SOOO bad the other day. And got mad cause it was missing.

I was asked once when I was called into the living room, I think it was the 12th or so time, if it was ready yet.

When i finally got it cooked, the table ready and everyones food on their plates, I called them in.

I came in the living room and hear one of them say "there's burnt meat in here"...

I swear, I had no more than sat down and got Bow half fed that they were all back in here. they were done.
Now granted, Spagetti isnt a gourmet meal.
But I would appriciate if they would sit and enjoy it. Now, 20 minutes after I got lunch (that was supposed to be supper) cooked, the kitchen clean, and got to sit, its time to go and clean up the whole damn mess.

And on top of that the TV is now BLARING. cause we have videos recorded on the DVR. Rayley came in and begged her daddy to turn on her favorite song.
ROckstar, by nickleback.
She knows all the words, and loves it more than badonkadonk by Trace Adkins.

Now there are 3 kids singing, if you can call it that. I dont see Nashville star in their future, at thetop of their lungs, Bow bouncing up and down squealing and I cant hear myself think.

Boy are they gona be pissed when I sent 2 of them into her room to get it cleaned back up. and one outside to clean out the backseat of my truck.
I also have to go out and check the cooler I sent Brett out to clean this morning. I have a feeling it aint no where near right.

I think I am gona go and eat. maybe they will watch the baby for a little while. I doubt it. But the phrase 'wishful thinking' wasnt coined for nothin.

seriously, the people in this house are nuts. Rayley keeps naming off songs she wants to 'see'. and everytime BR puts one on the DVR, she finds it on her MP3 player. Now its aint as good as I once was. and she has it about 1 minute later than the TV. She is listening to both. And fighting Bow for the MP3 player. He loves it. I guess I will have to get him one now.

Thats all I need, 4 kids with mp3 players ALL playing differnt songs. Thats what the 3 of them do now. and if they put on their earphones they sing, LOUDLY, the song the are listening to.

5 years, I predict in 5 years, I will be in a strait jacket. humming 'bitch' by alanis morcett or what ever her name is.


Now that is actually one song that is NOT on their MP3 players. But I plan to put it on mine. Just as soon as I can find the CD. Actually I dont have a MP3 player. But found out my phone can be one. VERY cool. I am loving my $1.00 blackberry more and more!! Best purchase I have ever made.

Its helpin to keep me semi sane. I can keep up with what I am supposed to be doing. schedule stuff and remember the mundane. Cause I never get to finish a project.

Seriously. Just now BR asked "just what are you doing?" I told him I was working on my website.
"well go to ebay and see if they have some bug screens for a peterbuilt."

yep, cause I am bored, and not doin nuthin.


I just wish the aircard would have worked. then I would be out of the dark ages and could actually Download something. I will NOT miss the days of zipping along at 24.6. I promise.


Oh I picked Matt up a new pair of boots yesterday. Had to. he has wore his slap out.
He was SOOO thrilled. put them on and aint took them off. He actaully asked me if he could throw away his chuckas. I told him NO. He couldnt. He could still use them for PE next year. "but I hate them"
"why?"
"you gota tie them"
ahhhhh... laziness..

He was showing them off to BR a little while ago. And BR was telling me he liked them. Then Matt said "do I have them on the right feet?"
BR said "did you put them on?"
"yes" he said.
"then no, probebly not" I answered.

Rayley looked down, and said. and I quote "you big dummy, aint you got the sense God gave a goat?, Even a 2 year old can put their shoes on the right feet" Then she looked at me, put her hands on hips and said "I reckon your just gona havta put them letters in them that says 'right and left you mo-ron' like you did his last ones."
Now all I put was a R and an L. But it didnt really work, till I wrote it on his feet too. That only lasted a few days. It was more of a joke than anything. But it did start him putting the L and the R in the right order.

and it aint cause he is dumb. He has HIA syndrome. BR says he got it from me. I disagree. and if you ever met his family you would too.

Now during all this he asked again if they were right. BR looked and told him yes.
He said "Guess mom is right, even a blind hog will find an acorn every once in a while".

No comments: